Sunday, July 18, 2010

Pinkalicious!

I've been enjoying putting in entries to the http://www.weekdayphoto.com/ contests.  This Monday's theme is pink.  With two little girls, pink is close to my heart.  We have a parade of pink outfits, pink soccer teams, pink batting helmets, pink skates, and pink 4-wheelers.  Pink is part of the fabric of our lives.  Still looking through the photos, I had a hard time finding a photo that drew me in because of its pinkness.  I just loaded Adobe lightroom, so I decided to try it out with pink.  Here are some of the first efforts. 

I'm just starting to really understand composition.  I like this because the tree lines lead directly to the girl's face.  For the girl, there is a river of water play right behind her, but she is totally focused on the bucket.  The pink provides the bridge between face and bucket and provides a bit of interest. 


Another view from the same day.  Still involved with her castle.  While I like this angle, it doesn't have the same leading lines as the previous version. 



We had the pleasure of being the pink soccer team this spring.  I loved seeing the girls geared up.  While they wore pink, they were ready to rumble!

1 comment:

  1. i love the pink socks! captures there little eager legs so well!

    ReplyDelete